1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2021 2:51 PM by Vincent Turpin

    Military records for Fred Hernandez

    Cynthia Harrod Newbie

      How do find my dads military records he was at Camp Roberts May 1954?

        • Re: Military records for Fred Hernandez
          Vincent Turpin Wayfarer

          Dear Ms. Harrod,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your father’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          We hope this information is helpful, and best of luck with your family research!