1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2021 1:24 PM by Marie Maxwell

    Looking for USMC service buddies of S/Sgt. Lloyd B. Haskell, Jr.

    Margaret Buzzell Newbie

      I am looking to find people who served with my brother S/Sgt. Lloyd B. Haskell, Jr who went to Vietnam January 1966 with the 1st Marine Battalion, 1st Marine Division near Da Nang.  He was KIA on July 17, 1966 by a detonated land mine.

        • Re: Looking for USMC service buddies of S/Sgt. Lloyd B. Haskell, Jr.
          Marie Maxwell Adventurer

          Dear Margaret Buzzell,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  The Federal agency most likely to have such addresses is the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can forward a message from you to the veteran, providing the veteran has filed a claim with VA, and they have an address on record.


          To forward a message, please write your message and place it in an unsealed, stamped envelope. Also include a note to the VA explaining who it is you are trying to reach and add as much identifying information as you have. Place all of this in another envelope addressed to the nearest Veterans Affairs Regional Office (you can find the address at https://www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp).


          If the veteran is in their records, your message to the veteran will be sealed and the envelope addressed to the address they have on file for the veteran. Please note that the veteran may not have informed the VA of a change of address, so they cannot guarantee receipt of your message. If the veteran receives your note, it is then up to the veteran to contact you.


          We hope this is helpful.