6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2021 8:35 AM by Alice Lane

How do see a copy of the alien arrivals at Laredo Texas on April 15, 1921?

Andrea Green Newbie

I am researching the arrival of my uncle into the United States.  Through ancestry.com, I know he entered the United States on April 15, 1921 at Laredo, Texas.  I would like to see the document showing that information.  I believe that he either used the name Morris Grynszpan or Morris Green.

on the National Archives website I have found A3437, Manifests of Statistical and Non Statistical Alien Arrivals at Laredo, Texas, May 1903-April 1955. I think the information would be there.  Can I open this document on my computer? Do I need to visit the National Archives to get the information?

Thank you,

Andrea Green

• Re: How do see a copy of the alien arrivals at Laredo Texas on April 15, 1921?
          Edward Wilson Wayfarer

Dear Researcher,

Thank you for your question for History Hub.  I searched but was unable to find any border crossing references for Morris Grynszpan or Morris Green at Laredo, Texas, in 1921.  I accept that you have found the correct information and now would mainly like to find the A3437 microfilm information.  Here are the links:

Here is a link to our more general description of these series at Archives.gov and what information you can expect to find in them: Mexican Border Crossing Records | National Archives

For access to these microfilmed records, please contact the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) via email at archives1reference@nara.gov. In addition, these records are now available in digital form and can be viewed online via Ancestry. There may be a fee for using this service. Some of the images from Ancestry are available for free on Family Search at https://www.familysearch.org/en/. Also, please check for access at your local library as many library systems subscribe to these sites, making them free for their patrons.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1 and RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

• Re: How do see a copy of the alien arrivals at Laredo Texas on April 15, 1921?
            Marie Maxwell Adventurer

Dear Andrea Green,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The microfilm A3434 for  Manifests of Statistical and Non Statistical Alien Arrivals at Laredo, Texas, May 1903-April 1955 (NAID 3887283 ) has been digitized by our partners.  According to the Catalog, The Immigration and Naturalization Service destroyed the original records after microfilming. The microfilm you seek is now available in digital form and may be viewed online via Ancestry in their U.S., Border Crossings from Mexico to U.S., 1895-1964 database. There may be a fee for using this service. Instead, please check for access at your local library as many library systems subscribe to these sites, making them free for their patrons. Also, some of the images from Ancestry are available for free on FamilySearch.

We also searched Morris Green in the Catalog and located a Petition for Naturalization of Morris Green (NAID 1782380000). That document should be located at the National Archives at Philadelphia (RE-PA)

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov and the National Archives at Philadelphia (RE-PA) at philadelphia.archives@nara.gov. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

Alice Lane Navigator

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to History Hub,

Can you post a copy of the arrival information on History Hub?

Did he arrive with his family?

Thanks

Alice Lane

Research Volunteer

Andrea Green Newbie

Hi Alice,

Thanks for responding.  I found a declaration of Intention in ancestry.com dated April 10, 1924.  It states that he arrived in the United States at Laredo, Texas on April 15, 1921.  The name on the document is Morris Green.  I know that his original surname was Grynszpan.  So far, I have not found a change of name document. He arrived as a single man, without any family.  He traveled by train from Mexico City.  Our family believes that he left Poland approximately one year before he entered the United States, having traveled to Cuba, Mexico and maybe Central America in between.  Any help or suggestions you may offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea Green

Alice Lane Navigator

Hi Andrea,

Can you share some information about Morris, did he marry, wife's name, children names, occupation, residence.

Could have changed his name to Greenspan, but need more information about him to confirm. Thanks

Alice Lane