1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2021 2:21 PM by Charlie Busch

Seeking CCC records of John Harry Miller

Ralph Miller Newbie

I’m tracing my fathers history and need to find his role in the CCC. His name was John Harry Miller, who was born on 5/20/1914 in Plains Meade County, Kansas. His Mother was Julia Hamilton Miller & father was Ralph W Miller who died in the 1920s. His residence at the time of enrollment would have been Plains, KS or Campo, CO.  I would appreciate any assistance you could provide to help me with my research. 

Regards,

Ralph W. Miller

• Re: Seeking CCC records of John Harry Miller
          Charlie Busch Adventurer

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Individual Records (Enrollees), 1933 - 1943 in the Records of the U.S. Civil Service Commission (Record Group 146) that may include a record for John Harry Miller. Please submit a NA Form 14136, Request Pertaining to Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Personnel Records to the address on the form and include as much information as possible to assist in identifying the correct record. For any questions, please contact the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) at stl.archives@nara.gov.

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Camp Inspection Reports, 1933 - 1942 in the  Records of the Civilian Conservation Corps (Record Group 35) that includes 1 file unit(s) titled Kansas: SP3 – Meade, Meade County. For more information about these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL & RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Since some CCC records are held locally, we suggest that you contact the Kansas Historical Society: State Archives for additional information.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!