1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2021 3:15 PM by Zachary Dabbs

Looking for records of Margarite Worsley who was a maid in New York

Lynda Lawson Newbie

I am really stuck trying to find info and came across this site…would appreciate any assistance you could provide…no one knows what happened to her…I am trying to find out what happened to a relative Margarite Victoria Worsley born 1902, July 15 in Fenelon Falls, Ontario, Canada (Victoria County) to George Worsley and Mary Elizabeth Hill.  She married Norman Peter Mason Crossing in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada and they both left at different times to work in Lockport. New York. She was working for Mrs. Merritt who lived at 532 Pine in Lockport, New York around 1926 or 1927…Mrs. Merritt 's husband(?) owned a company there and I have googled the address to see the home.  Margaret’s husband died not long after her arrival in New York (not sure what happened) and then I have trouble tracing her..I have seen her, I believe in a few directories which I will attach that I think are her but I can’t seem to locate her much after that…I can’t find any death records …or marriage records and not sure what happened to her…did she remarry? Did she change the spelling of her name? I believe that she went by Margaret not margarite?  She is a mystery that no one has any history of and I would love to be able to fill in her life history…thank you for your time.  It’s appreciated!

Immigration with employer listed

MMargaret CrossingMaidMargaretNormans death