1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2021 9:44 AM by Marie Maxwell

    Tracing my American grandfather

    Karen Paddon Newbie

      Hi I have a name of my possible grandfather. He was a Puerto Rican man serving in the American army in ww2 but serving overseas in Plymouth England. Is there any way other than the St. Louis office I can trace records of serving soldiers.?


        • Re: Tracing my American grandfather
          Marie Maxwell Adventurer

          Dear Karen Paddon,


          Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!


          Other options for resources to help would depend on which branch of the military your grandfather belonged to. Your local library may provide access to Ancestry.com so you may be able search this resource as well.


          Yes, the St. Louis location is the best resource. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC in St. Louis will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter, and those involving the VA Home Loan program. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!