1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2021 10:38 AM by Josette Schluter

    Looking for a death certificate of John Emory Sorrow

    Elaine Culbertson Newbie

      I'm looking for a Death Certificate for John Emory Sorrow. He died in 1945

        • Re: Looking for a death certificate of John Emory Sorrow
          Josette Schluter Tracker

          My response:

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.

          The National Archives is the repository for federal documents considered permanently valuable.  Birth, marriage and death records are what is known as vital records and are not held by the National Archives.

          Vital Records are created by local authorities, with the exception of events overseas, in the military. They are not considered federal records and therefore are not held by NARA. The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics website has links for where to find vital records from state and territorial agencies: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w/index.htm


          We hope that this information was helpful and good luck with your research.