1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2021 11:05 AM by Tracy Skrabut

Death Record Julius HerbertPecklers

Joyce Tucillo Newbie

He was born Jules Hubert Peclers 22 Nov 1838 in Liege Belgium.  Married Marie Ida Stiennon 1860 there.  Immigrated to Jersey City NJ in 1862 and shows in 1905 census as married to wife.  In 1910 Jersey City census his wife shows as a widow.  In September 1904 there was a bill to foreclose on 2 mortgages for property they owned in Jersey City.  In 1909 his wife is lusted in Jersey Journal paper as a widow in a Conveyance of Property record.  According to NJ Archives there is no record of his death for years 1905 through 1908. He was my great grandfather snd I would appreciate any help.  Thank you.

• Re: Death Record Julius HerbertPecklers
          Tracy Skrabut Adventurer

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.

You say that NJ did not return any record of a death. Is it possible that he may have had property in, or died in a neighboring state? I have conducted a search online through both Ancestry and FamilySearch and have not been able to return a record, but, not all vital records are digitized online. Might he have even returned to Belgium and died there?

Depending on the state in which you wish to search, I would recommend reaching out either to the State Archive for that state or to their office of vital records. Or, if you believe he might have died in Belgium or had his death recorded there,  you can visit their site here, for their national archives:

http://arch.arch.be/index.php?l=en

I hope this is helpful in your research!

Tracy