1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2021 11:50 AM by Lauren Theodore

    Hospital records for a procedure ?

    Senovia Troche Newbie

      Had a procedure done @ a Camp Lejeune and they have no records of it how can I get this information

        • Re: Hospital records for a procedure ?
          Lauren Theodore Adventurer

          Good afternoon,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub.


          If you have already requested your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and the records are not present, the inpatient records at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) may have the information you are seeking.


          Clinical (inpatient) records are compiled when members are actually hospitalized while in the service. An overnight stay or admission generally makes a patient an inpatient.  The resulting records from hospital care are called either clinical or inpatient records.  Clinical (inpatient) records are filed by the name of the hospital in which the member was treated.  Therefore, please send the name of the hospital, month (if known) and year of treatment, as well as the veteran's name and social security or service number to NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Please use a GSA Standard Form 180 for use in making an inquiry to that office.


          We hope this information is helpful in your search.




          The National Archives and Records Administration