1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2021 11:42 AM by Lauren Theodore Branched from an earlier discussion.

    How do I secure my DD 214?

    Gregory Peot Newbie

      No, I haven't ever applied for state benefits or VA care to obtain copies from the State Veterans Office, or possibly try contacting County Recorders office where you live or registered your discharge.

        • Re: How do I secure my DD 214?
          Lauren Theodore Adventurer

          Dear Mr. Peot,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub


          In order to provide the most accurate information, please provide your date of discharge/retirement and your branch of service. Depending on these factors, your DD-214 could either be with the National Personnel Records Center or with the Human Resources Command of the appropriate military branch.




          The National Archives and Records Administration