2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2021 3:10 PM by familytreevets

Photos or records of the 803rd medical air evacuation and the 69th general hospital

Klara Beyer Newbie

I am really hoping someone can help me find some photos or records of The 803rd medical air evacuation and in the 69th general hospital! Hoping someone can help I have a family member who served as a nurse in this unit of the Merrill’s Maurauders! Tell me if you find some! Thanks!

• Re: Photos or records of the 803rd medical air evacuation and the 69th general hospital
          Lauren Theodore Adventurer

Dear Ms. Beyer,

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub.

In Record Group 407 - Records of the Office of the Adjutant General's Office, we located the following records of the 69th General Hospital in World War II (Entry NM-3 427):

MDGH-69-0.1 History 1944

MDGH-69-0.1 History July 25 - December 10 1945

MDGH-69-1.13 General Orders 1944

In Record Group 112 - Records of the Office of the Surgeon General (Army), there is a file of annual reports for the hospital, however, we cannot see for which year/s currently.

For the 803rd Medical Air Evacuation Squadron, we located annual reports in the same series as above.

Please contact the National Archives at College Park for more information on accessing these records. Please note that due to local COVID-19 guidelines, the reference staff may be unable to fulfill requests for further research into the records or provide copies of records at this time. Please email the Reference Branch at archives2reference@nara.gov for more information.

We also searched in Record Group 18 - Records of the Army Air Forces, but did not locate mission reports or other records of the squadron.

We recommend contacting the Air Force Historical Research Agency, which has a larger collection of Army Air Forces squadron records. Their physical address is 600 Chennault Circle, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112. The email address for public inquiries is AFHRA.News@us.af.mil or you can call them at 334) 953-5697 or (334) 953-2240. Please note that their website, http://www.afhra.af.mil/, states that replies to inquiries are delayed up to a few months.

You can also contact the Still Pictures Branch at the College Park, MD location for more information on any photographs of the two units in their collection. That email address is stillpix@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

The National Archives and Records Administration