1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2021 3:31 PM by Vincent Turpin

Seeking status of DD-214 request

Karla Hernandez Newbie

I need a copy of my last DD-214 for my citizenship appointment next month. I have submitted a SF180 form like a month ago and nothing.

• Re: Seeking status of DD-214 request
          Vincent Turpin Wayfarer

Dear Ms. Hernandez,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on November 7, 2020, NPRC regressed back to a “Closed - Except for Emergencies” operating status when local public health metrics worsened and no longer met NARA’s standards for remaining open. As of March 15, 2021, the National Personnel Records Center is back to Phase One.  More staff will be able to enter the building to expand the types of cases worked.  Please see  NARA’s Press Release: National Personnel Records Center Prepares for Expansion of Onsite Workforce for more information.

Since you have allowed sufficient time for the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) to receive and process your request (more than 10 days), you may check the status of your request by email through the NPRC Customer Service Center at mpr.status@nara.gov or via their website here: Check Status. Please provide the request number, the name, address and phone number of the requester, and the veteran’s branch of service in order to aid NPRC to find your request in their system. You will receive a return e-mail from NPRC with a projected completion date for your request. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines

We hope this information is helpful.