3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2021 3:05 PM by Robert Crumley

Where do I find NAVSHIPS drawings?

Tom Boyer Wayfarer

I'm looking for the "Booklet of General Drawings" for submarine SS-563: NAVSHIPS Drawing Number SS563-845-2514667

• Re: Where do I find NAVSHIPS drawings?
          Robert Crumley Adventurer

Dear Tom Boyer,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the General Correspondence, 1940 - 1945 in the Records of the Bureau of Ships (Record Group 19) that may include files pertaining to the building and repairs of the [SS-563] during WWII. For more information about these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov

For information on ship plans with record groups that may help with your search - https://www.archives.gov/research/cartographic/ship-plans

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the following within the Records of the Bureau of Ships (Record Group 19) -  https://catalog.archives.gov/id/153716053 

For more information about these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Cartographic (RDSC) at carto@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from National Archives at College Park - Cartographic (RDSC) and Textual Reference (RDT2). We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research.