1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2021 1:26 PM by Eric Kilgore

    My fathers DD-214

    David Edwards Newbie

      I’m looking for my fathers DD-214 to find out hi service. He has passed away and we never talked about it that much.

        • Re: My fathers DD-214
          Eric Kilgore Adventurer

          Dear David Edwards,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!


          Under normal circumstances, requesting a DD-214 or copies of an Official Military Personnel File is a pretty easy task.  The Official Military Personnel Files are in the custody of the National Personnel Record Center / National Archives at St. Louis.  However, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and our limited workforce, we are prioritizing requests from veterans and their families for medical emergencies, final military honors, and other essential benefits.  Currently, there is a substantial backlog of routine requests, in addition to the emergency requests awaiting response.  While it is still unknown how soon we will able to resume responding to routine requests,  the National Personnel Record Center is working hard and taking an aggressive approach to decreasing response times and eliminating the backlog.


          While you are able to submit a request through the EvetRecs portal,  please understand, that your request will be placed into a queue for non-emergency requests until such time as we are able to process it.  You can begin your request here: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records .


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!