1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2021 10:36 AM by Edward Wilson

Can I find the Bounty Land Claim for the War of 1812 for my relative?

Wayne Rogers Newbie

I am trying to get a copy of the Bounty Land Claim for Levi Corey Rogers. He fought in the war for two years .  The following is the claim number, copied from his widows pension, which is on line:

I understand that the widows pensions have been digitized and therefore are on line, but the bounty land claims have not.  A note in the widows claim says that his marriage certificate is attached.  Hopefully, if you are able to find the bounty land claim it will have the attachments.

• Re: Can I find the Bounty Land Claim for the War of 1812 for my relative?
          Edward Wilson Wayfarer

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located and citation for Levi Rogers,  presumably the Levi Corey Rogers you are seeking.  https://catalog.archives.gov/id/563315

Some of the records have been digitized. For more information about the non-digitized records, please contact the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov.

You may obtain a copy of his bounty land application by using a NATF Form 85. Please complete as much as possible and mail it to the address listed on the form.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT1. Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

The Bureau of Land Management, Government Land Office, has numerous land listings for people named Levi Rogers, not all of whom can be the one you are looking for.  If you would like to look at those, go to https://glorecords.blm.gov/search/default.aspx

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!