1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2021 3:04 PM by Rachael Salyer

Seeking records about Marie, Leo & Arnhold Kolke

Павел Кольке Newbie

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Pavel Kolke. I am from Belarus. I need your help. I am interested in information about my  grandmother: Kolke, Marie 17 Feb 1911 Tiege, A3342EWZ50-E028 1086 geb. Block; grandfather: Kolke, Leo 7 Feb 1912 Nedbajewka  A3342EWZ50-E028 1086 verschleppt - 1941; and my father: Kolke, Arnhold 8 Jan 1941 Tiege, A3342EWZ50-E028 1086. I'll be very  thankful!

• Re: Seeking records about Marie, Leo & Arnhold Kolke
          Rachael Salyer Tracker

Dear Pavel Kolke,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The records you are interested in are part of the series Records Relating to the Activities of the Einwandererzentralstelle (EWZ) in the National Archives Collection of Foreign Records Seized (Record Group 242). These records have been microfilmed as part of Microfilm Publication A3342. The subseries EWZ50 is where roll E028 can be found, and the file related to your grandmother’s family begins on frame 1086. These records have not been digitized. You may contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov with any questions you might have about these records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2.

Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Finally, the original paper records were returned to the Federal Republic of Germany after they were microfilmed. You may wish to contact the Bundesarchiv to see if they can offer you any additional assistance.

We hope this information is helpful, and best of luck with your family research!