1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2021 9:25 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Status SF 50 Request

    Tien Bui Newbie



      I submitted a written request for a copy of my SF 50 several weeks ago to apply for a federal position. I have not heard anything back and there is no link or phone number to check on the status. Can anyone help?


      Tien Bui

        • Re: Status SF 50 Request
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Tien Bui,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, you may resubmit your request by mail or FAX.  For mail, write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Send your letter to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. For FAX, write “urgent” at the top of your request and fax it to 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019.  Include your phone number and email address so they can contact you quickly if any further information is needed. Due to PII concerns, they can only provide your SF-50 via mail or fax.


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR), housed in the NPRC Annex, closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


          We hope this information is helpful.