1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2021 10:03 AM by Lauren Theodore

    Seeking records of immigration through Canada

    geri nielsen Newbie

      How can I find records of immigration from Russia through Canada in the late 19th century and early 20th century?

        • Re: Seeking records of immigration through Canada
          Lauren Theodore Adventurer

          Good morning,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub.


          The National Archives has immigration records for arrivals to the United States from foreign ports between approximately 1820 and December 1982 (with gaps).  The records are arranged by port or airport of arrival.

          If you know which state the individual you are seeking arrived through, you will need to contact the regional facility that maintains the records of the state you are interested in. Please consult our website for more information: https://www.archives.gov/research/court-records


          Discover more about Immigrant Records at the National Archives by visiting our webpage: https://www.archives.gov/research/immigration


          Records older than 50 years are publicly available, and many have been digitized by National Archives partners including Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org. 


          If you are seeking arrival records in Canada, please contact the Canada National Archives.



          National Archives and Records Administration