2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2021 1:21 PM by Susannah Brooks

    Seeking son of Marion Gorskie or Marion Blake

    kimberly gorskie-garcia Newbie

      I’m looking for the son or any relative to Marion Gorskie, daughter of Frank and Rose Gorskie, also known as Marion Blake or Marian Blake.. I found something and I think she was married to George w Blake ( married in New York , Marion lived and studied at Rocklands, NY)  and maybe they moved to Florida at some point  but I’m not able to find any son or relative...thank you so much your help is everything

        • Re: Seeking son of Marion Gorskie or Marion Blake
          Lauren Theodore Adventurer

          Good morning,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub.


          The Federal government does not ordinarily create or maintain birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption, or burial records. Such records are made and kept by state and local governments rather than the National Archives. Please contact the New York Vital Records office to request a search of their marriage certificate for Marion Gorskie.


          Depending on which time period their move occurred, you can also search the Florida Census records to try and narrow down the area of Florida they moved to and any relatives in the household. For information about the U.S. Census, see the Census Bureau technical documentation and questionnaires as well as NARA’s page on Census Records.


          You may also wish to search Ancestry or FamilySearch for the U.S. Census. There may be a fee for using Ancestry. Instead, please check for access at your local library as many library systems subscribe to these sites, making them free for their patrons.


          If this is a search in more recent years, please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) does not provide services to locate living individuals. The records in the custody of NARA were typically transferred from other Federal agencies at least 20-30 years after they were created and used.  Therefore, NARA records are not usually helpful in providing current information about individuals.


          The Social Security Administration (SSA) may be able to help locate persons in the following manner:  A letter to the missing person placed in a stamped, unaddressed, and unsealed envelope may be sent to either agency along with an explanatory cover letter.  The agency will examine the letter and decide whether to forward it to the person.


          The SSA has addresses for individuals who have received benefits in the past two years.  In your cover letter, provide as much of the following information as possible: name, social security number, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, and father's name.  Address your communication to:


          Social Security Administration

          Letter Forwarding unit

          6401 Security Boulevard

          Baltimore, MD  21235


          We hope this information is helpful.




          The National Archives and Records Administration

          • Re: Seeking son of Marion Gorskie or Marion Blake
            Susannah Brooks Pioneer

            Obituary of George W. Blake, husband of Marion Lucille Gorskie. George W. Blake | Block Island Times

            Their son died in 1992, but I believe that Marion is still alive and living in Florida.  I don't think it is appropriate to put links or more detailed contact info on this site, but you can search for her on google or other free people finder sites.