2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2021 8:03 PM by BRIAN HUTSON

    Looking for my medical records from allergy treatment at AFB MedCtr


      I am looking to retrieve medical records from allergy treatment at a AFB MedCtr. in Ohio back from when I a kid. My dad is a retired AF Vet. and all of my child hood treatment took place there. Now I need proof of a preexisting med condition prior to entering the NAVY to help support my VA Claim. What are the steps or are those records still available?

        • Re: Looking for my medical records from allergy treatment at AFB MedCtr
          Shane Bell Wayfarer

          Dear Mr. Hutson,


          Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army since October 16, 1992 and before October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from National Archives. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.  

          1 person found this helpful