Dear Ms. Schneider,
Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!
we searched online and located some resources that might be of interest to you:
- Blog Post The Soviet Night Witches available on the website of the Wright Museum of World War II
- Blog Post The 586th Fighter Aviation Regiment available on the website of the Wright Museum of World War II
- Article titled Not Just Night Witches by Reina Pennington available in the Air Force Magazine
- Presentation titled Women at War: Soviet and American Airwomen in Combat during World War II by Hayden Woodyatt available on the website of the Union College
- Documentaries and articles about the Night Witches available at http://www.thenightwitchesmovie.com
Lastly, since the 586th Fighter Aviation Regiment, the 587th Bomber Aviation Regiment, and the 588th Night Bomber Aviation Regiment were Russian units, we suggest that you contact the Federal Archival Agency of Russia via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from National Archives. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.