5 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2021 2:40 PM by Cesar Taveras

IRR Statement of service from US Army Reserve

Cesar Taveras Newbie

Hello,

I served the US Army Reserve from 1986 to 1992. How can I get a copy of an IRR statement of service from US Army Reserve?

I reached out to the Army Human Resource Center (HRC) and they told me they didn't have it because I was separated prior to 2002. HRC does not maintain my records and National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) does not have them either.

My goal is get a VA loan and it has been a hustle trying to  show a document that shows honorable discharge.

I initially reached out to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) to request an honorable discharge certificate to qualify for a VA Loan and they said that they did not have it. They referred me to Army Human Resource Center (HRC) but they told me that they could not issue one because they did not have separation orders showing characterization of service at time of discharge. I reached out to the NPRC again requesting separation orders and they did not have them. I reached out to NPRC and the told me because I was separated prior to 2002, HRC does not maintain my records.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Cesar T.