1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2021 9:44 AM by Lauren Theodore

Who were the parents of Thomas Henry Jones

Connie Gerregano Newbie

Thomas Henry Jones, born March 15, 1839, my 2xGGF, appears in the 1850 Census in Wilson County Tennessee when he was 11 years old.  He was in the household of Edward Williams, age 28, born in VA. Also listed were Martha Williams, age 20, born in VA, Nancy Jones, age 38 born in VA, and Louisa Jones age 13.  Thomas and Louisa were born in Tennessee.   He is believed to have been born in Wilson County, Tennessee.

In the 1860 Census he and Louisa are living in Jackson County, Tennessee in the household of Randel Gipson and Ann Gipson.  By the 1880 Census he is married with children.   i have not been able to find him in the 1870 Census but in January of 1870 he married Malvina or Mallie Henry in Sumner County Tennessee. Mallie died about 1874 leaving two young children.  He married Mary Lou Crabtree in 1877 in Jackson County Tennessee.  He served in the Confederate Army and his wife, Mary, was awarded a Widow's pension.

Thomas died in 1919 in Wilson County after many years living in Jackson County.  His death certificate lists his father's name as Henry Jones. The informant was his youngest son Warner Jones.  Many family trees show his father as being Granville Madison Jones or Granville Madison Henry Jones and his mother as Nancy Gypson or Gipson but provide no documentation and I haven't found any.

My assumption is that Nancy Jones was his mother and Louisa his sister.  In the 1880 Census, William Redmon, Louisa's son is living in his household.

Since the 1850 Census does not list Thomas' father and I can only assume that Nancy Jones was his mother I don't know where to go from here.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Connie Gerregano