1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2021 2:09 PM by Tracy Skrabut

    seeking military record of Samuel Gee

    Ruth Ann Gee Newbie

      My uncle's name is Samuel Eugene Gee    Born January 20, 1928 in Indiana.  Have military number and social security numbers if needed, plus lots of other information.

        • Re: seeking military record of Samuel Gee
          Tracy Skrabut Adventurer

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request  Samuel Eugene Gee Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 and for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          We hope this is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!