1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2021 11:38 AM by Jared Chamberlin

    Seeking listing of medals I am eligible for

    Arlin Bohn Newbie

      As an ex-Navy person, what medals am I eligible for? I served in Vietnam waters ( 3 tours ) 1966-1968. I know the ones listed on my DD-214, but have been told numerous times that there should be more.

        • Re: Seeking listing of medals I am eligible for
          Jared Chamberlin Wayfarer

          Dear Arlin Bohn,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For former Navy personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate Navy department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/ or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.