1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2021 11:09 AM by Anna Smallwood

War of 1812 Pensions and Bounty Land Warrant Applications

Jenn Watson Newbie

Hi! I am new to this resource. I would love to be able to see the actual application that I found indexed on Fold 3. I feel like the real documents always have a little something left out of the index. Even the application year would be fantastic. How do I go about this?

I am an avid researcher but for now my resources have been largely limited to what can be found at Ancestry, Newspapers.com, FamilySearch, etc. The indexed record is here:

https://www.fold3.com/record/641239651/william-fleming-private-bounty-land-warrant-applications-index

Thanks!

• Re: War of 1812 Pensions and Bounty Land Warrant Applications
          Anna Smallwood Wayfarer

Dear Jenn Watson:

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

A very good pamphlet regarding how to file requests for scrip lands can be found on the NARA site  https://www.archives.gov/files/publications/ref-info-papers/rip114.pdf. Page 12, for the War of 1812 might be particularly helpful. The index is on microfilm. For more information about these records, please contact the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) at archives1reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1). We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience. 

We hope this information assists you with your research!