1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2021 9:43 AM by Robert Crumley

Seeking information about my half-brother, August Novak

Zoran Novak Newbie

Hello, I found your website by chance, but as a beginner of a genealogical search, I try to obtain some of the information of my family. Thanks for the reception and I hope for good information. I am looking for information about my half-brother, August Novak, born on October 30, 1926/1936 in Radeče, Slovenia. Father was  August Novak born 24.08.1898 in Tatabanya, Hungary and mother was Ljudmila Novak (born Adamlje). On November 19, 1948, he came to America from Germany with as stated in the Application for Naturalization "General Omar Bradley." At the time of the Petition for Naturalization, had an address on it.  He served in US Air Force from 06.06.1951. He was granted naturalization on 8 February 1954. According to oral tradition, he was married (data for his wife are not known to me). He had a son, David Novak, born in 1956 or 1957.  David attended school at Mendel Catholic High School, Chicago, Illinois, as seen from the 1971 and 1972 School Almanacs. August reportedly died on September 28, 1973, the place of his death is unknown to me, but he has a memorial in the Korean War Veterans Cemetery Long Island National Cemetery. I am asking for any information about the place of life until his death, such as the possibility of contact with his family.August Novak, Year book 1950, Belmont Abbey College, Belmont, North CarolinaDavid Novak, Mendel Catholic High School 1973