1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2021 11:55 AM by Alex Champion

    Seeking Navy Records of Retired Radioman 2nd Class Petty Officer

    Michael Frankie Denney Wayfarer

      If Retired Radioman 2nd Class Petty Officer died and few months after his son was born is there any benefits for the son that never see his Father for his Military Service? Thank you...

        • Re: Seeking Navy Records of Retired Radioman 2nd Class Petty Officer
          Alex Champion Scout

          Thank-you for submitting your question to HistoryHub!


          Questions concerning a former member of the U.S. Armed Forces who may be the father of a child born during or around the time of World War II should be sent to the NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please mark the envelope and the letter "War Baby."


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          The National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to determine or grant survivor benefits to the widows or families of veterans.  To obtain assistance or the information you seek, we also suggest that you contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Benefits Administration

          via their website at https://benefits.va.gov/benefits/ or by calling 1-800-827-1000.


          Thank-you again for using HistoryHub!