1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2021 1:03 PM by Tracy Skrabut Branched from an earlier discussion.

Seeking status of my SF-50 for interview

Freda Guess Newbie

I mailed my request for SF-50 to apply for a job but I never received it. How can I find out the status?

• Re: Seeking status of my SF-50 for interview
          Tracy Skrabut Adventurer

Dear Ms. Guess,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.

In regards your request for a status update, you may wish to reach out to our Civilian Personnel Record Center.

https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival

If you wish to resubmit the request, please be aware of the following:

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  Recently, NARA has reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL since local conditions have improved.  During Phase One, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.

We hope this is helpful.