1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2021 9:33 AM by Jeremy Farmer

    State Dept personel files

    Trudie Davis-Long Wayfarer

      A deceased uncle worked for the State Dept. How do I find out about his service.

        • Re: State Dept personel files
          Jeremy Farmer Wayfarer



          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Personnel Files (OPFs) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. For more information, please check their web site at https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/civilian-personnel/index.html.