1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2021 7:38 AM by Clayton Skaggs

I have tried numerous times to get a copy of my SF 50. It is an emergency.

Bianca Adams Newbie

I need a copy of my SF 50 for employment. I have tried numerous times with no response. I have mailed two requests along with a fax and still no response. I have sent a fax March 31,2021 and have not received anything. This is an emergency request. I have employers asking for this form and I have been turned away from positions I qualify for. You are denying a service to qualified federal employees by not processing these requests.

• Re: I have tried numerous times to get a copy of my SF 50. It is an emergency.
          Clayton Skaggs Newbie

Bianca,

Thank you for contacting History Hub.

Official Personnel File (OPF) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295.  Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Certain information in the OPF may not be available to the general public without the written consent of the individual. For more information, please check their website at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  Recently, NARA has reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL since local conditions have improved.  During Phrase One, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Regards,

Clay Skaggs