2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2021 11:38 PM by Michal Bleich

Seeking USIA Reports

Michal Bleich Newbie

I came across with what I believe to be USIA reports which are marked as NA P142/15/119 or NA P142/47/13 or NA P160/35/19 and I have not been able to locate them and get copies of them. Can anyone help me, please? Thank you.

• Re: Seeking USIA Reports
          Rachael Salyer Navigator

Dear Mr. Bleich,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The citations you included may refer to “National Archives” (NA) entry, box, and folder numbers. We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the series Research Reports, 1960-1999 (entry P 142) and the series Special Reports, 1953-1997 (entry P 160) in the Records of the U.S. Information Agency (USIA) (Record Group 306) that may contain the documents you are interested in. These records have not been digitized. Please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov for access to and information about these and similar records. When you submit your inquiry, please include as much information about the reports and citations as possible.

You may also wish to use the Advanced Search feature of the National Archives Catalog to search within Record Group 306 for other potentially relevant series containing reports.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

• Re: Seeking USIA Reports
            Michal Bleich Newbie

Dear Ms. Sayler

Thank you kindly for your reply. Since the documents I am looking for have not been digitized I approached National Archives at College Park as recommended by you, hoping that they may assist me.

Best regards,

Michal Bleich