1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2021 3:17 PM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking time frame to receive requested military records

Shayla Black Newbie

Hello! I mailed two forms to NPRC 9-10 months ago (shortly after COVID shut things down), requesting the complete military records for two of my ancestors I am researching. I am wondering if anyone on here has recently received requested military records from NPRC and what the time frame from request to receival of the documents was? I realize COVID delayed things a lot, but I am anxious to get them and wondered if my request might be worked on soon.

• Re: Seeking time frame to receive requested military records
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Ms. Black,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. We can not provide estimates as to when local health conditions will permit NPRC to resume servicing non-emergency requests or how long it will take for them to work through the growing backlog of non-emergency requests. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.