1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2021 11:32 AM by Shannon Kerner

    Seeking military records of Stephen Eugene Sherfield


      I am in search of my fathers military records from the 1970's. His name is Stephen Eugene Sherfield. DOB 04/15/1956 Fresno, California, DOD 3/24/2021 Cave Junction, Oregon. He was in the Marine Corps. I haven't been able to locate any records. Any help would be appreciated.

        • Re: Seeking military records of Stephen Eugene Sherfield

          Dear Ms. Swickard,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).. OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1958 and before May 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!