1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2021 1:05 PM by Ceri McCarron Branched to a new discussion.

Seeking supplement to General Order 28

Gordon Sakai Newbie

I have the answers for the Supplement to General Order 28 given my grandfather in Hawaii in 1942, but I do not have the questions. Do you have a copy of the questions?

• Re: Seeking supplement to General Order 28
          Ceri McCarron Wayfarer

Dear Mr. Sakai,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the General Orders, 12/11/1941 - 11/2/1943 series in Records of U.S. Army Forces in the Middle Pacific (World War II), 1940 - 1950 (Record Group 494) that may include the general order which pertains to Hawaii in Box 124. We also located the Records Relating to General Orders, 1941 - 1944 in Record Group 494 that may include it in box 131. Supplements often were filed with the original orders. For more information, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!