1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2021 10:58 PM by Susannah Brooks

Looking for Hynes grandchildren

Chris Kelly Wayfarer

Hi, I am trying to trace any Hynes Family from ancestors who immigrated from Ireland to New Jersey or New York. Timothy Hynes who was born in 1868 in County Galway and immigrated  in 1881 according to his marriage certificate when he married Catherine Hynes on 18 September 1890 in Manhattan. Catherine was also from County Galway. They are listed on the 1920 census as living in 329 Barkley Place, Hudson. New Jersey. Their Children are also listed here.  As far as I can see Timothy died in 1924 and Catherine died in 1926. As the children are also deceased, now I am looking to locate any of their Grandchildren that would still be alive.  Any help or advice would be appreciated!

• Re: Looking for Hynes grandchildren
          Susannah Brooks Tracker

Using the 1940 census for each of the children, you should be able to find the names of at least some of their children (Timothy & Catherine's grandchildren).  Then start searching for obituaries of the children or grandchildren to obtain other names of family members.  This is an example I found from the Asbury Park Press (17 Jul 2005) for John J. Hynes, the son of Thomas P Hynes & grandson of Timothy Hynes.