1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2021 2:12 PM by Ceri McCarron

    Need DD-256

    Sonya McNeal Newbie

      I have made several attempts to retrieve Military records for the IRR-Status (Inactive) November 17, 1997 - Nov 23, 2005 in Navy Reserves. I need a DD-256 Discharge Certificate.

        • Re: Need DD-256
          Ceri McCarron Wayfarer

          Dear Ms. McNeal,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Your Electronic Service Record (ESR) is the official source documenting your pay and personnel information through the Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) while you are in the Navy Reserves.  Please view your ESR data at https://nsipsprod-sdni.nmci.navy.mil. Your ESR is not the same as your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). However, when you reenlist in the Navy, the applicable documents in your ESR are closed out and submitted to your OMPF.


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1994 are located at the Navy Personnel Command (PERS-313), 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055-3130. Please submit a SF-180 to Navy Personnel Command. For telephone numbers, see the Navy's How to Request Navy OMPF Records and for more information, please review the Navy's webpage: Ordering and Reviewing Your OMPF. They also are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


          We hope this is helpful.