1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2021 10:41 AM by Lisha Penn

Seeking roster of 121st Evacuation Hospital

Jill Slieter Newbie

I was stationed at the 121st Evacuation Hospital from 1987-1989 as 1st Lieutenant. I am interested in recalling personnel I worked with and about a  helicopter that was downed during a training exercise. I would like to read about this event as I treated these wounded in the hospital ER.

• Re: Seeking roster of 121st Evacuation Hospital
          Lisha Penn Navigator

Dear Ms. Slieter,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Medical Unit Annual Reports, ca. 1970 - ca. 1983 in the Records of the Army Staff (Record Group 319) that includes the file unit titled 1980-1989: USARK [United States Army, Korea] Evacuation Hospitals - 121st. For more information, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov.

In October 1974, the Army Standard Installation Division Personnel System (SIDPERS) included Personnel Data Cards (PDC) that replaced Morning Reports and Zero Strength Balance Reports (ZSBR) that replaced rosters. A SIDPERS contains information on the service member during the entire period of time assigned to an organization, regardless of length of time. It also includes information about TDY, AWOL, DEF, gains, losses, promotions, reductions. SIDPERS was discontinued on November 21, 1990. For a copy of a SIDPERS record, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and it mail to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please include the individual's name, Social Security Number, complete organization and location, and the date the individual left the unit.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. Also, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas on how to locate the persons you seek.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!