3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2021 10:08 AM by Charleen Vocca Branched to a new discussion.

    Need my SF-50 for interview

    Julia Ives Newbie

      I have previously applied for my SF-50 in December 2020.  On December 16, 2020 I mailed a letter to NPRC marked urgent on the envelope and the letter itself.  It has been 3 months now and i have an interview pending in 6 days.  What can I do to get my SF-50?

        • Re: Need my SF-50 for interview
          Ceri McCarron Wayfarer

          Dear Ms. Ives,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  Recently, NARA has reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL since local conditions have improved.  During Phrase One, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.


          For more information on the NPRC - CPR Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival


          We hope this is helpful.