2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2021 2:11 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking records of Anthony Dionne & citation for Silver Star

    Steven Kuske Newbie

      My grandmother's brother, Anthony Dionne, was in the Army for 20 years serving in WWII and Korea.  I would like to see the write-up for his Silver Star award and also his service record, so I can follow his journey.   If anybody can help me, thank you in advance.

        • Re: Seeking records of Anthony Dionne & citation for Silver Star
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          this seems like it may be your grandfather, but it says Leo Dionne so just wanted to confirm if he used Leo. Follow link below.






          Name:Anthony J Dionne
          Home State:Wisconsin
          Casualty Date:2 Aug 1950
          Casualty Country:South Korea
          Casualty Type:Returned to Duty (FECOM)
          Group:Returned to Duty (FECOM)
          Component:USA - RA (Reg Army)
          Rank:Master Sergeant
          Pay Grade:Master Sergeant
          Previous Detail:Seriously wounded in action by missile
          Disposed Date:4 Oct 1950
          Organization:Cv Div Inf - 1st
          Element Sequence:Cv Div Fa Bn 105mmh
          Unit #:0099
          Service Occupation:Field Artillery Chief
          • Re: Seeking records of Anthony Dionne & citation for Silver Star
            Thomas Richardson Tracker

            Dear Mr. Kuske,


            Thank you for posting your request on the History Hub.


            Award files and general orders of the Army during WWII and the Korean War are filed in the records of the unit. To determine the unit, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful.