3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2021 12:56 PM by Cara Jensen Branched to a new discussion.

Requesting SF-50 for Employment

David McCaleb Newbie

I am a former federal employee in need of my final SF-50, as I am returning to federal service.  Since January, I have sent two letters marked "urgent/emergency request" to the National Personnel Records Center requesting this document.  In addition, I have sent three faxes requesting the same.  There hasn't yet been a response.  Could you please advise on what steps I should take to receive the SF-50, in order to substantiate the details of prior service to my new agency? Thank you.

• Re: Requesting SF-50 for Employment
          Cara Jensen Tracker

Dear Mr. McCaleb,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Unfortunately, the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR), housed in the NPRC Annex, closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR has remained closed since  local public health conditions have not improved. During the closure, CPR has maintained very  minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening for the Military Personnel Records Center, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this is helpful.

David McCaleb Newbie

Thanks for your reply.  Requests for employment purposes that are needed immediately fit within the emergency reference request category.  My request is for employment purposes with a federal agency and it is needed urgently.  Can you please advise how to get it processed as an emergency reference request?  I have faxed several requests marked "emergency/urgent request" and have sent two letters marked "emergency/urgent request" on the envelope. Thank you.

Cara Jensen Tracker

Dear Mr. McCaleb,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

NARA has now reopened the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL. During Phase One, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests such as yours.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and continued patience.