1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2021 11:18 AM by Sylvia Naylor

    Seeking my time of birth


      How can I find my time of birth? My mother served in the Army and is now deceased. I was born in Germany and they do not put the time of birth on their new birth certificates. I was told I would need her medical records to find what time she gave birth to me. Is there any other way I can obtain this information besides getting it from NPRC?

        • Re: Seeking my time of birth
          Sylvia Naylor Scout

          Dear Ms. Williams,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and before October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Also, NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores Dependent Medical Folders (DMFs) for dependents treated at Army facilities from 1954 to the present. Records before 1954 were destroyed in accordance with legal authorities in effect at the time. The military medical facilities transfer the DMFs to NPRC, generally 1-5 years after the last treatment. Please send your request to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          Please note, however, that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful.