3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2021 12:58 PM by Cara Jensen

    Need SF-50 immediately for re-employment

    Nicole Chandler Newbie

      My mom wants to apply for a VA job. She hasn't worked for them in 20 years. We faxed and mailed a request for her SF-50 and separation letter. She called but no response. I'm aware that staff is limited due to COVID. However, one job closes this month and the other in a couple of months. She needs the documents since she's been unemployed due to COVID. I don't want her to apply and get overlooked because she does have proper documents. Can someone look into her request and help us?

        • Re: Need SF-50 immediately for re-employment
          Cara Jensen Tracker

          Dear Ms. Chandler,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, you may resubmit your request by mail or FAX.  For mail, write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Send your letter to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. For FAX, write “urgent” at the top of your request and fax it to 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019.  Include your phone number and email address so they can contact you quickly if any further information is needed. Due to PII concerns, they can only provide your SF-50 via mail or fax.


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR), housed in the NPRC Annex, closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


          We hope this information is helpful.