1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2021 10:31 AM by Thomas Richardson

    How can I see a record of my sea time?

    William Wiggins Newbie

      I need to see a copy of my underway/sea time during my term in the USCG.

        • Re: How can I see a record of my sea time?
          Thomas Richardson Navigator

          Dear Mr. Wiggins,


          Thank you for posting your request on the History Hub!


          Sea time is recorded in your personnel record. The medical records and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of the personnel of the U.S. Coast Guard who were separated from service after 1897 and before April 1999 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          You also may contact the Coast Guard directly for acquiring a record of sea time. Please contact  the Personnel Service Center via their website at USCG Personnel Service Center or by writing to the Commander, Personnel Service Center, US Coast Guard Stop 7200, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE, Washington DC 20593-7200,


          We hope this is helpful.