2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2021 12:37 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking military records of Harry De Reus

    Gay Duncan Newbie

      I am looking for WWI records for Henry De Reus, white Officer who was in the AEF, Pioneer Infantry,

        • Re: Seeking military records of Harry De Reus
          Elliot Schneider Ranger

          Mr. Duncan,


          Here is some information below. (click on images to enlarge).






          Name:Harry Dereus
          Birth Date:1 Apr 1889
          Death Date:25 Feb 1972
          Branch 1:ARMY
          Enlistment Date 1:27 Apr 1918
          Release Date 1:7 Apr 1919



          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking military records of Harry De Reus
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Mr. Duncan,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and before 1959 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Records of Pioneer Infantry Regiments, 1917 - 1919 in the Records of the American Expeditionary Forces (World War I) (Record Group 120) that consists of records of the 1st - 6th, 51st - 65th, and 801st - 816th Pioneer Infantry Regiments. For more information about these records, please email the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at archives2reference@nara.gov.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!