5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2021 10:14 PM by Vicky Mohler

Seeking death record & Grave site of Josephine Short

Vicky Mohler Newbie

I have been researching the whereabouts of a Great Aunt, Giuseppa Picciolo, born 19 Mar 1889 in Milazzo, Sicily, arrived in America in Nov 1913.  She died 18 Jan 1914 in Tamaqua, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania.  She married Francesco Sciotto in Milazzo.  Not sure when but he changed his name to Frank G. Short.  Apparently after they shortly arrived, her name was Americanized to Josephine Short.  I was able to find a marriage license record for Frank G Short to a new wife Lena Meder.  On the marriage license it asked if married before, he said Once. It was written death 18 Jan 1914.  I did find a second record for Naturalization, which it spells her name out as Josephine P.... Short and died 18, Jan 1914.  She had just got married a few months prior and shortly after arriving she died.  I am thinking she may have died of Tuberculosis at the Hamburg State Hospital.  I would be most grateful if someone has any suggestions.  I see that Frank G Short died in 1965 in Tamaqua and was buried at St. John's cemetery.. but have not found a grave marker as of yet. Please contact me if you have any suggestions or questions.  Thank you kindly

Snippet of Naturalization for Josephine (Giuseppa Picciolo) Short

Marriage license of Frank G Short, showing that Giuseppa (Josephine) died.