4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2021 11:33 AM by Holly Rivet Branched from an earlier discussion.

Seeking my Medical records

Chris McGee Newbie

Hello! I am a Veteran who wants my medical records.  The VA needs my records in order to determine my disability case.  Does anyone know how the NPRC is going to determine that the pandemic emergency is over? What is the metric? I am a Veteran who was separated before 2000 so my records are not electronic.  I need paper copies. I hope someone would be kind enough to answer this question. Thanks

• Re: Seeking my Medical records
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Mr. McGee,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The National Archives is committed to the health and safety of our visitors and staff. We are closely monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19, and are working with public health officials and counterpart agencies to monitor and respond to the evolving conditions and following CDC guidelines.  You may view the National Archives’ Phased Reopening Plan at https://www.archives.gov/files/news/images/nara-reopening-plan-v02022021.pdf 

More information about the National Archives' response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus .

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on November 7, 2020, NPRC regressed back to a “Closed - Except for Emergencies” operating status when local public health metrics worsened and no longer met NARA’s standards for remaining open. While the NPRC remains in this status, the NPRC staff will only service requests associated with burials, emergency medical treatments, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter.  Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or OMPF & medical records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.

We regret we are unable to provide a more optimistic forecast for the resumption of normal service levels. We hope the above online resources are helpful and greatly appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet