1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2021 11:53 AM by Charlie Busch

    Need SF50 for re-employment application

    kinsey13 Newbie

      I am a former civilian Federal employee in need of a copy of my SF50 ASAP for my application for reemployment purposes.  How can I obtain this for immediate needs.

      Thank you

        • Re: Need SF50 for re-employment application
          Charlie Busch Adventurer

          Dear Ms. Kinsey,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. For more information, please check their website at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.


          Unfortunately, NARA closed the National Personnel Records Center Annex, also known as the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL, until further notice. CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.


          Update: Please see also: The SF 50: That Elusive Form Everyone Needs ASAP which covers many aspects of SF-50 requests in detail.


          We hope this is helpful.

          1 person found this helpful