4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2021 10:56 AM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking Military Records of Curtis Ray Naber

    Tina Naber Newbie

      I'm seeking my husband's Military Records, we've been trying for years but no one seems to be able to help

        • Re: Seeking Military Records of Curtis Ray Naber
          Alice Lane Pioneer

          Hi Tina, Welcome to History Hub


          Would you like to share his birthdate and residence? or any other

          or any other piece of information that you may have.

          Has his name ever been written as Neighbor or Neighbors?





          Alice Lane

          Research Volunteer

            • Re: Seeking Military Records of Curtis Ray Naber
              Tina Naber Newbie

              Hello Alice and thank you for getting back with me. Curtis Ray Naber 02/06/1979. His last name has always been spelled Naber. He was stationed at Ft.McClellan in 1996-1997. Thank you for any info. You can find on his Military Records.

                • Re: Seeking Military Records of Curtis Ray Naber
                  Elliot Schneider Ranger

                  Ms. Naber,


                  Have you tried obtaining any Veterans Affairs records assuming he received any treatment at any VA clinics or hospitals? Usually when you sign up into their system they will usually make discharged veterans provide them with their discharge papers. Plus if he ever filled his discharge papers with the county veterans service office to receive any state or local benefits, might want to try their as well. Currently NPRC in St Louis that holds a good portion of service members files are currently only processing "Emergency" request during the pandemic and will need to wait until they resume normal operations.

              • Re: Seeking Military Records of Curtis Ray Naber
                Rachael Salyer Ranger

                Dear Ms. Naber,


                Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


                If you have not already done so, we suggest that you request a copy of your husband’s Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army since October 16, 1992 and before October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


                Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


                We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!