1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2021 12:05 PM by Shannon Kerner

    Seeking roster of 7th Combat Support Hospital

    Max Thomas Newbie

      Hello, I served in the 7th Combat Support Hospital in Darmstadt, Germany from 11/1973 - 6/1976. I am looking for any of the other support personnel from Germany in 1975 and we were split up.  If you served or know someone who served, please let me know.  I would like to find as many of us that I can for a reunion.

        • Re: Seeking roster of 7th Combat Support Hospital
          Shannon Kerner Adventurer

          Dear Mr. Thomas,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For a listing of those who served with you, we suggest obtaining the unit rosters. The semi-annual rosters (i.e., April and October) for 1960-74 for Army units are attached to the morning reports of the respective units. All rosters for the period are not available and usually list only enlisted personnel. Paper copies may be obtained from microfilm by writing to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Research and reproduction fees are charged for this service.  Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 to request this information.


          In October 1974, the Army Standard Installation Division Personnel System (SIDPERS) included Personnel Data Cards (PDC) that replaced Morning Reports and Zero Strength Balance Reports (ZSBR) that replaced rosters. A SIDPERS contains information on the service member during the entire period of time assigned to an organization, regardless of length of time. It also includes information about TDY, AWOL, DEF, gains, losses, promotions, reductions. SIDPERS was discontinued on November 21, 1990. For a copy of a SIDPERS record, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and it mail to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please include the individual's name, Social Security Number, complete organization and location, and the date the individual left the unit.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) does not provide services to locate living individuals.  Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas. Also we suggest that you review the web site for the 7th Combat Support Hospital.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!